Friday, March 5, 2010

It's A Small World After All

This wonderful email showed up in this California Girl's inbox today.  I love being part of the global family history community.  We are truly fortunate that technology brings us closer together in our quest for our ancestors.


Hi Lisa Louise,

This is a huge thank you from me in NSW, Australia. I live about an hour north of Sydney in a little town called Cooranbong and I have been researching my family history since the early 1990s. I love listening to your podcast and it's wonderful to hear all the stories you include about so many people around the world who are researching their family history.

It's such a wonderful thing to do and I love every minute I can spend researching my family's history. During the last year or so I have found some connections with distant relatives in the US - we had common ancestors in England and Ireland who migrated way back in the 1800s.

Your podcast is very interesting to me, even though I don't live in the US. You give such practical tips and advice and I LOVE your passion for family history. Somehow you make your listeners feel like we belong to a global family history community.

Thanks:)
-Maria Northcote

1 comment:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

"a global family history community"

I love the sound, and meaning behind, that phrase!!

Thanks for sharing!

Keep these ancestor stories coming!

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"