Thursday, June 25, 2009

Made it - Let's Get This Party Started!

My daughter (and stand-in podcaster) Lacey and I just arrived in Burbank. Freeway traffic was reasonable and we made it here in one piece. Had a minor scuffle with the entrance gate, but we now have our parking space and we're ready to get this weekend started!

This is our first time here at the Southern California Genealogical Jamboree which is sort of odd since we live in California. But I feel sure already it won't be our last.

I think online social media is going to add an electric dimension to this conference. Folks have been busy on Twitter and Facebook for weeks and the conference is going to offer us some long awaited face time!

And I hope to get loads of "face time" with you! I'll be teaching my two fave classes:

Sunday 11:00 am
SU-19 Google: A Goldmine of Genealogy Gems I

Sunday 1:00 - 2:00 pm
SU-26 Google: A Goldmine of Genealogy Gems II

We're going to make Google stand on it's head for your research!

I'll also be sitting on the panel for the Son of Blogger Summit talking about one of my other favorite things - blogging.

Saturday 9:30 - noon
SA - 09 Summit 2 - Son of Blogger

And when I'm not teaching I'll be working the Family Tree Magazine booth in the exhibit hall (Table 118) and conducting a host of interviews with some of the top names in genealogy so that I can bring their expertise to you on the podcasts!

So if you're at Jamboree come on by and let's get some "Face Time!"

1 comment:

Kiril The Mad Macedonian said...

I am soooo looking forward to your classes on Googling! ;-D

This will be my 1st Genealogy Shindig, and I can't wait!

I've posted my Welcome, This is me, post, in the hopes that Jamboree attendee I give my card to, stop by for a visit. ;-D

You know, I've only listened to 1 podcast in my life...I think it's time I listen some more, and I plan to start, after Jamboree, with your Podcasts. ;-D