Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Top 10 Things I Noticed at the Geneablogger Dinner


Southern California Genealogical Jamboree 2009
Geneablogger Dinner on Saturday night

Top 10 Things I Noticed at the Geneablogger Dinner:

#10 Genealogists draw their family trees on the paper tablecloths

#9 Randy Seaver and his wife sat at what we lovingly named "the kids table" (an extra table added to accommodate our large crowd)

#8 We had more in common than genealogy (Amy and I reminisced about the old Disneyland ticket books)

#7 Elyse resembles the girl from the movie Mama Mia

#6 Thomas is the host with the most

#5 Having your picture taken 15 times can blind you

#4 Gini's hubby is a saint (aka a non-genealogist who supports his wife's interest)

#3 My daughter Lacey (who didn't think she'd have much in common with this group) happily chatted away with her table mates

# 2 Amy is super cool for giving me a "Rock Star" ribbon for my badge (I had spotted them earlier and desperately wanted one)

And the #1 thing I noticed at the Geneablogger Dinner: Geneabloggers can make a LOT of noise!

4 comments:

Tina Sansone said...

Tears welled up as I watched this video. Thanks for posting for us that could not attend.

Kathryn Doyle said...

Lisa,

I had no idea that anyone was doing video! We were LOUD!

Gini said...

Yes, we did make alot of noise but we had to because we mostly just type our words! It was a great weekend, I cannot express how much fun I had meeting everyone, what a great bunch, it's why I call them my Genea-family, it's great to be a part of the Genea-blogger and an honor to meet you Lisa.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Ah, Gini, how I would have loved to have been there! Looks like you had such fun. Enjoyed the video!