I love researching in old newspapers. They give you a unique view of your ancestors, add color to your family history, and are chock full of genealogical information.
But navigating your way to the right newspaper can be a real challenge because old newspapers are scattered across the country and the Internet.
Over the years I've developed techniques that have delivered success, and I'm really excited about bringing them to you in a live Family Tree Magazine Webinar!
In this online webinar I will be coming to you live, presenting slides and showing you on the actual websites how to find what you're looking for. It's amazing technology! And in the Q&A section of the webinar you can ask questions that I can answer real time and show you online the steps to take. And all of this happens from the comfort of your own home at your own computer!
Here's the scoop:
Finding Your Family in Old Newspapers:
Top Web Sites for Getting the Scoop on Your Relatives
When: Wednesday, July 29th at 7:00 pm Eastern / 4:00 pm Pacific
Duration: 1 Hour
Presenter: Lisa Louise Cooke
Be aware: SPACE IS LIMITED!
Register now for this live, interactive web tutorial, and you will learn:
- key family history information you'll find in historical newspapers
- the types of articles to look for
- how to identify papers that likely covered your ancestors
- Web sites that have major newspapers and collections of newspapers
- search hints for key online newspaper collections
Your registration includes:
- Participation in the live presentation and Q&A session
- Online access to the workshop recording after the session concludes
- PDF of the presentation slides for future reference
How Does This Live Event Work?
An online workshop - also called a "webinar" - is a lot like a live workshop or seminar you'd attend at a genealogy society meeting or conference, only it takes place over the Internet. That means you can "attend" the workshop from the comfort of home. All you need is a computer and a broadband Internet connection.No special computer skills are required.
>>Click Here to Learn More<<