Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm It - A Game of Tag

Diane Haddad over at the Genealogy Insider Blog has tagged me, (as did Bruce Buzbee at the Rootsmagic blog) in a game of Genealogy Blogger Tag. So I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, unless of course it makes me look bad. Here we go...

10 Years Ago I ...
  1. was working in Human Resources
  2. had teenage daughter for the first time (I've survived three now!)
  3. was doing a lot more cross stitching than I do now
  4. had never heard of a podcast - they didn't exist
  5. (with all this trying to remember my brain hurts)
Five Things on Today's To-Do List:
  1. Decorate my middle daughter's birthday cake (she turned 21 yesterday and the party is tomorrow)
  2. Finish recording Genealogy Gems Episode 53
  3. Finish sewing my youngest daughter's costume for her upcoming Choir performance
  4. Prep for speaking at Saturday's conference in Northern CA
  5. Tag 5 more bloggers
Five snacks I enjoy:

  1. Pringles potatoe chips
  2. Coke Cherry Zero
  3. Laffy Taffy
  4. Anything with Carmel
  5. My daughter's homemade Snickerdoodle cookies

Five Places I’ve Lived:

  1. Puyallup, WA (try to pronounce that correctly!)
  2. Stockton
  3. Tacoma
  4. Pullman
  5. Modesto
Five Jobs I’ve Had:
  1. Pizza maker
  2. First female salesperson at Radio Shack in our state as far as I know
  3. Theatre Director
  4. Human Resources Director
  5. Podcaster








Above: Here I am (seated center, wearing pink) and one of my terrific casts!

Tag - You're It!
AnceStories by Miriam Robbins Midkiff
Genealogy Traces by Judith G. Shubert
MacGenealogist by Ben Sayer
The Practical Archivist by Sally Jacobs
Genea-musings by Randy Seaver

4 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

Stockton! This is where I live. It's hard to believe that anyone else has ever lived here in the armpit of the world!

Sheri Fenley
The Educated Genealogist

Judith Richards Shubert said...

You must have a blast working with that crew! Such a busy gal, how do you find the time for it all? Thanks for "Tagging" me.

Judy Shubert
Genealogy Traces

Cindy Bergeron Scherwinski said...

Lisa,

I have to admit to being a huge fan of your podcast - awesome.

I am so enjoying the latest Genea-blogger 'visit 10 blog and comment' assignment which is one of the reasons I am leaving this comment ... that and to give a high five on being a fan of igoogle!

It was great to read your 'getting to know meme' - congratulations on surviving your children's teenage years. I am the mom to three young men and can oh so relate!

It is obvious that you love what you are doing with your life - I hope it gives you joy to know that you have helped so many others. Thank you!

Fondly,
Cindy

Lisa Louise Cooke said...

Thanks for your sweet words Cindy. I miss those days when the kids were young but can't WAIT for the grandkids!! One daughter is married so far, so...