Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Do you know all there is to know about backing up your hard drive?

Bill Puller is back and he's talking about hard drive backup. In the newest episode of The Genealogy Tech Podcast Bill walks us through our back up options. This is GREAT timing for me, as I just bought a portable hard drive after a recent hard drive scare. But Bill explains we probably need more than just a portable hard drive to do a good job keeping our genealogy files safe and secure.

You’ve probably read Bill’s articles in some of the prominent genealogy magazines. He’s had some other things going on that have put the podcast on the back burner for a while, but he’s back at the microphone , and I for one, am very happy about that.

Bill was really helpful to me when I was first getting started, and continues to be a great comrade in podcasting. And while we’ve never met, we’ve become good friends and he’s been a big supporter of Genealogy Gems. Gosh, it’s so nice to know someone who understands the technical stuff! You won’t want to miss it.

1 comment:

Hilary Gadsby said...

I have listened to some of his podcasts and they are great.
I knew one was on it's way.
I have downloaded it and look forward to listening.